Crecencio “VAL” Valenzuela is the founder of and current Lead instructor for Spent Brass Training Solutions, LLC. Val is currently a NAEMT Affiliate Faculty member, Course coordinator and Instructor for Tactical Combat Casualty care in California. As a former High Threat Security Contractor for an exceedingly reputable Private Security Company in Iraq, Val has provided Close Protection (CP) as a Personal Security Detail (PSD) member, and also the team medic as he holds a National Registry for Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) and U.S. Army Tactical Combat Casualty Care (TCCC).
Val has been a Lead Tactics and Weapons instructor to not only other PSD teammates and teams, but to Expats and Third Country Nationals of the host country’s nation as well. A combat veteran with the U.S. Army Infantry (1st AD & 3rd ID), Chris served 5 and half years with multiple combat and NATO tours to include Macedonia, Kosovo and Iraq. While on active duty in the Infantry as a fire team leader, Val was a weapons and tactics instructor at the company level. Val also has time spent as a civilian military weapons and tactics based instructor for Federal, State and Local entities.
Val’s firearms certifications include:
- National Rifle Association (NRA) Law Enforcement Handgun & Shotgun
- Department of State Basic Field Firearms Officers Course (BFFOC)
- United States Navy Small Arms Marksmanship Instructor (SAMI)
- Suarez Combat Arms Instructor School
Val’s other certifications include:
- Department of State for World Wide Personal Protective Services II (WWPPS)
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- International Trauma Life Support (ITLS)
- US Army Tactical Combat Casualty Care (TCCC)
- NAEMT Affiliate Faculty – Tactical Combat Casualty Care
- NAEMT TCCC/TECC – Instructor
- Combat Life Saver (CLS)