OPTIC SIGHTED PISTOL GUNFIGHTING
SEPTEMBER 23-25, 2022 - PRESCOTT, AZ
Instructor: Gabriel Suarez
We taught the first red dot combat pistol ever taught in 2010. Building upon skills learned from a decade of work with red dots on carry pistols, we present a comprehensive course of training covering every aspect of this concept. From close range work to precise terrorist interdiction skills, you will expand your abilities with this weapon platform in both reactive and proactive realms. The class includes material we presented to Law Enforcement Counter Terror Units to prepare them to successfully interdict an actual terrorist in a large public venue. We include everything from mentally getting to the shot, the legal justification strategies necessary, avoiding blue-on-blue friendly fire incidents, as well as the all-important first contact with first responders. And all throughout, the extensive focus on rapid surgical gunfire, often while moving, and through obstacles and past crowds to eliminate the shooter and his ability to continue killing. We will include qualification courses from vary high level agencies as well to test your skills against the professionals.
CLASS AND RANGE DETAILS
||9:00AM to conclusion
||Approximately 600 rounds (Minimum)
|RANGE & GEAR REQUIREMENTS:
Range Equipment, Note-taking material. Red-dot equipped pistol.
Bring spare clothing appropriate for the weather, including a hat, sunscreen, and bug repellent. Plan to bring lunch, snacks, and water (min 1 gallon per person) for the entire day unless driving to lunch is a viable option from the range location. Bring allergy medication (if needed), a chair (if you prefer), note taking supplies, and a boo boo kit (band aids, gauze pads, antiseptic wipes, antibiotic ointment and tape). You may wish to bring pads such as knee pads, elbow pads, and gloves if the class lends itself to that.
The Compass Training Center
Chino Valley, AZ
Directions to Compass Training Center from Days Inn by Wyndham
* While on Fletcher Ct turn right at the first cross street on to AZ-89 N.
* Turn Right at the first traffic circle, after passing Safeway, on to east Perkinsville Road.
* After 3 miles turn left past Santa Fe in to Compass Training Center. If you see the cement plant on your right you have gone too far!
Please allow at least 1/2 hour travel time for Hotels in Prescott.
Directions to Suarez International
Coming from Holiday Inn/Hampton Inn
* Turn left on to AZ Hwy 69. Stay left and continue on AZ-69 for 2.6 miles
* Stay left and take the US Hwy 89 south ramp for 0.4 miles. Stay to the left for 0.1 miles
* Follow signs for East Gurley Street, staying slightly left. Take East Gurley Street and go past the Prescott Courthouse Square to the signal at Montezuma Street
* Turn right on N. Montezuma Street. Stay on this road for 2.6 miles. The road changes names from Montezuma to Whipple and finally to Iron Springs Road
* The driveway for 1616 W. Iron Springs Road will be on your right directly across the road from 'Thrift Store' with orange circles in their windows. If you reach the signal at Williamson Valley Road, you have gone too far!
Days Inn by Wyndham
688 Fletcher Ct,
Chino Valley, AZ 86323
Hampton Inn Prescott
3453 Ranch Drive
Prescott, AZ 86303
Holiday Inn Express
3454 Ranch Dr.
Prescott, AZ 86303
Hotel St. Michael
205 W. Gurley St.
Prescott, AZ 86301
NOTE: Hotel is on the corner of Gurley and Montezuma. Follow Montezuma south. Other directions to the range remain the same.
Red Dot Combat Pistol
Prescott does have a small airport with commuter flights incoming from Denver and LAX. Otherwise use Sky Harbor. You will have to get a rental car or shuttle up from Phoenix.