Optics Pistol For Counter Terrorism
April 24-26, 2020
Instructor: Gabe Suarez
Building upon skills from the Red Dot Pistol School this class focuses on the use of the optics-equipped pistol for interdicting the active shooter or terrorist. The Mass Casualty Shooting scenario has become the foremost threat to Americans today. Yet, it has been proven out multiple times that the entry of a skilled and well-equipped shooter into the scenario changes everything. In 2015, Suarez International staff were requested to train a Law Enforcement Counter Terror Units and this classes is based on what we taught them. This class addresses the specific issues of concern for an individual responding to, or who found himself at ground zero of a mass casualty event. From mentally getting to the shot, the legal justification strategies necessary, avoiding blue-on-blue friendly fire incidents, as well as the all-important first contact with first responders. And all throughout, the extensive focus on rapid surgical gunfire, often while moving, and through obstacles and past crowds to eliminate the shooter and his ability to continue killing.
CLASS AND RANGE DETAILS
||9:00AM to conclusion
||Approximately 600 rounds (Minimum)
|RANGE & GEAR REQUIREMENTS:
Range Equipment, Note-taking material. Red-dot equipped pistol.
Bring spare clothing appropriate for the weather, including a hat, sunscreen, and bug repellent. Plan to bring lunch, snacks, and water (min 1 gallon per person) for the entire day unless driving to lunch is a viable option from the range location. Bring allergy medication (if needed), a chair (if you prefer), note taking supplies, and a boo boo kit (band aids, gauze pads, antiseptic wipes, antibiotic ointment and tape). You may wish to bring pads such as knee pads, elbow pads, and gloves if the class lends itself to that.
Yavapai Recreation League
N 34 24.964, W 112 33.064
Directions to Yavapai Recreation League
(From the Holiday Inn Express or Hampton Inn (recommended hotels) 13.7 miles
* Turn left out of the parking lot on to Hwy 69 stay to the far left, and follow signs that say Gurley St. Turn left at Montezuma ( a signal).
* Stay in left-hand lane. Follow Montezuma South through town. Montezuma becomes White Spar Road (Highway 89) There will be a Safeway Store on your right.
* As you pass the Safeway, set your trip meter to zero and follow Highway 89 as it curves around and down for approximately 12.5 more miles.
* You will pass a green mile marker on your right - Mile Marker 298. Go another 0.7 miles. Just after the Brown US Forest Service #71 Sign, you will turn left off the highway onto a dirt road.
* The range is down this dirt road and through a metal gate.
Please allow at least 1/2 hour travel time.
Directions to the Onesource Tactical Warehouse
Coming from Holiday Inn/Hampton Inn
* Turn left on to AZ Hwy 69. Stay left and continue on AZ-69 for 2.6 miles
* Stay left and take the US Hwy 89 south ramp for 0.4 miles. Stay to the left for 0.1 miles
* Follow signs for East Gurley Street, staying slightly left. Take East Gurley Street and go past the Prescott Courthouse Square to the signal at Montezuma Street
* Turn right on N. Montezuma Street. Stay on this road for 2.6 miles. The road changes names from Montezuma to Whipple and finally to Iron Springs Road
* The driveway for 1616 W. Iron Springs Road will be on your right directly across the road from 'Thrift Store' with orange circles in their windows. If you reach the signal at Williamson Valley Road, you have gone too far!
Hampton Inn Prescott
3453 Ranch Drive
Prescott, AZ 86303
Holiday Inn Express
3454 Ranch Dr.
Prescott, AZ 86303
Hotel St. Michael
205 W. Gurley St.
Prescott, AZ 86301
NOTE: Hotel is on the corner of Gurley and Montezuma. Follow Montezuma south. Other directions to the range remain the same.
Red Dot Combat Pistol
Prescott does have a small airport with commuter flights incoming from Denver and LAX. Otherwise use Sky Harbor. You will have to get a rental car or shuttle up from Phoenix.