SUAREZ COMBAT STUDIES WEEKEND
June 7-9, 2019
Instructor: Gabriel Suarez
This is a new class. It involves live fire work, some force on force, as well as lecture material. The goal is to present all the secrets of winning the gunfight - whether it is a proactive or reactive one - as well as anything that may come afterwards. The distinction between shooting and fighting is always made, so you have a firm understanding that we are training to kill the bad guy with gunfire, not merely shoot a score on a target. Adrenaline-proof gun maintenance drills, and tactics will be addressed as well as proof tested. And training drills, both live and dry will be taught so after-class skill maintenance will be easier. We will discuss and role play in the force on force realm, the immediate environment after the shooting, initial on scene police contact, and how to avoid being misidentified as a suspect. Afternoon and evening lectures will discuss and "open forum" sensitive subjects from deep mindset issues, PTSD avoidance, police interviews, and more. This class gives you everything necessary to win the gunfight handily and win the aftermath artfully. Attendance is limited.
CLASS AND RANGE DETAILS
||9:00AM to 5:00PM
Live Fire - Range Equipment, Note-taking material.
Self defense pistol with at least 300 rounds of ammo. At least two magazines, suitable belt, holster, magazine pouches, etc. Suarez Pistols available for renting during class.
UTM, Simmunitions, or Airsoft training ammo and force on force gear. (Bring what you have - if in doubt, call to ask).
|RANGE & GEAR REQUIREMENTS:
Bring spare clothing appropriate for the weather, including a hat, sunscreen, and bug repellent. Plan to bring lunch, snacks, and water (min 1 gallon per person) for the entire day unless driving to lunch is a viable option from the range location. Bring allergy medication (if needed), a chair (if you prefer), note taking supplies, and a boo boo kit (band aids, gauze pads, antiseptic wipes, antibiotic ointment and tape). You may wish to bring pads such as knee pads, elbow pads, and gloves if the class lends itself to that.
Yavapai Recreation League
N 34 24.964, W 112 33.064
Directions to Yavapai Recreation League
(From the Holiday Inn Express or Hampton Inn (recommended hotels) 13.7 miles
* Turn left out of the parking lot on to Hwy 69 stay to the far left, and follow signs that say Gurley St. Turn left at Montezuma ( a signal).
* Stay in left-hand lane. Follow Montezuma South through town. Montezuma becomes White Spar Road (Highway 89) There will be a Safeway Store on your right.
* As you pass the Safeway, set your trip meter to zero and follow Highway 89 as it curves around and down for approximately 12.5 more miles.
* You will pass a green mile marker on your right - Mile Marker 298. Go another 0.7 miles. Just after the Brown US Forest Service #71 Sign, you will turn left off the highway onto a dirt road.
* The range is down this dirt road and through a metal gate.
Please allow at least 1/2 hour travel time.
Directions to the Suarez International HQ
Coming from Holiday Inn/Hampton Inn
* Turn left on to AZ Hwy 69. Stay left and continue on AZ-69 for 2.6 miles
* Stay left and take the US Hwy 89 south ramp for 0.4 miles. Stay to the left for 0.1 miles
* Follow signs for East Gurley Street, staying slightly left. Take East Gurley Street and go past the Prescott Courthouse Square to the signal at Montezuma Street
* Turn right on N. Montezuma Street. Stay on this road for 2.6 miles. The road changes names from Montezuma to Whipple and finally to Iron Springs Road
* The driveway for 1616 W. Iron Springs Road will be on your right directly across the road from 'Thrift Store' with orange circles in their windows. If you reach the signal at Williamson Valley Road, you have gone too far!
Hampton Inn Prescott
3453 Ranch Drive
Prescott, AZ 86303
Holiday Inn Express
3454 Ranch Dr.
Prescott, AZ 86303
Hotel St. Michael
205 W. Gurley St.
Prescott, AZ 86301
NOTE: Hotel is on the corner of Gurley and Montezuma. Follow Montezuma south. Other directions to the range remain the same.
Prescott does have a small airport with commuter flights incoming from Denver and LAX. Otherwise use Sky Harbor. You will have to get a rental car or shuttle up from Phoenix.
Range information, directions, local hotels, and contact information are ON THIS PAGE, contact the office if there is missing data or you need more information.
If you have any further questions or need to contact your instructor, please don't hesitate to call us!