Suarez Red Dot Pistol School
November 8-10, 2019
Instructor: Gabe Suarez
THIS IS NOT A "BASIC LEVEL CLASS" PLEASE BRING AN UNDERSTANDING OF THE FUNDAMENTALS OF MARKSMANSHIP
The minimum standard for attending is five rounds in a 3x3 inch square at five yards.
In this class, red dot pistol shooters will learn everything we have learned from running the red dot system since 2009. We will discuss everything from maintenance to carry and of course how to employ the modern combat handgun equipped with a red dot from zero contact to as far as the range will allow. If you are the owner of a red dot-equipped pistol, and carry it for self defense (like we do) this is an event you cannot miss.
Each day will end with a debriefing session where any and all questions will be answered to the best of our knowledge and experience. The second evening will include a synopsis of the Killing Within The Law lecture by Gabe Suarez followed by a Q&A session.
CLASS AND RANGE DETAILS
|DURATION: ||3 days ||TIME: ||9:00AM to conclusion |
|AMMUNITION: ||Approximately 500 rounds (Minimum) |
|RANGE & GEAR REQUIREMENTS: || |
Range Equipment, Note-taking material. Red-dot equipped pistol.
Bring spare clothing appropriate for the weather, including a hat, sunscreen, and bug repellent. Plan to bring lunch, snacks, and water (min 1 gallon per person) for the entire day unless driving to lunch is a viable option from the range location. Bring allergy medication (if needed), a chair (if you prefer), note taking supplies, and a boo boo kit (band aids, gauze pads, antiseptic wipes, antibiotic ointment and tape). You may wish to bring pads such as knee pads, elbow pads, and gloves if the class lends itself to that.
|RANGE: || |
Yavapai Recreation League
N 34 24.964, W 112 33.064
|DIRECTIONS: || |
Directions to Yavapai Recreation League
(From the Holiday Inn Express or Hampton Inn (recommended hotels) 13.7 miles
* Turn left out of the parking lot on to Hwy 69 stay to the far left, and follow signs that say Gurley St. Turn left at Montezuma ( a signal).
* Stay in left-hand lane. Follow Montezuma South through town. Montezuma becomes White Spar Road (Highway 89) There will be a Safeway Store on your right.
* As you pass the Safeway, set your trip meter to zero and follow Highway 89 as it curves around and down for approximately 12.5 more miles.
* You will pass a green mile marker on your right - Mile Marker 298. Go another 0.7 miles. Just after the Brown US Forest Service #71 Sign, you will turn left off the highway onto a dirt road.
* The range is down this dirt road and through a metal gate.
Please allow at least 1/2 hour travel time.
Directions to the Onesource Tactical Warehouse
Coming from Holiday Inn/Hampton Inn
* Turn left on to AZ Hwy 69. Stay left and continue on AZ-69 for 2.6 miles
* Stay left and take the US Hwy 89 south ramp for 0.4 miles. Stay to the left for 0.1 miles
* Follow signs for East Gurley Street, staying slightly left. Take East Gurley Street and go past the Prescott Courthouse Square to the signal at Montezuma Street
* Turn right on N. Montezuma Street. Stay on this road for 2.6 miles. The road changes names from Montezuma to Whipple and finally to Iron Springs Road
* The driveway for 1616 W. Iron Springs Road will be on your right directly across the road from 'Thrift Store' with orange circles in their windows. If you reach the signal at Williamson Valley Road, you have gone too far!
|HOTELS: || |
Hampton Inn Prescott
3453 Ranch Drive
Prescott, AZ 86303
Holiday Inn Express
3454 Ranch Dr.
Prescott, AZ 86303
Hotel St. Michael
205 W. Gurley St.
Prescott, AZ 86301
NOTE: Hotel is on the corner of Gurley and Montezuma. Follow Montezuma south. Other directions to the range remain the same.
|AIRPORTS: || |
|NOTES: || |
Red Dot Combat Pistol
Prescott does have a small airport with commuter flights incoming from Denver and LAX. Otherwise use Sky Harbor. You will have to get a rental car or shuttle up from Phoenix.
Range information, directions, local hotels, and contact information are ON THIS PAGE, contact the office if there is missing data or you need more information.
If you have any further questions or need to contact your instructor, please don't hesitate to call us!