NP3® METAL FINISHING
NP3 is enhanced even further by adding a Teflon (PTFE) composite directly to the nickel matrix. This enhancement is analogous to the old NP3, but harder and more lubrious. A pistol or slide treated with NP3 will likely never need lubrication, making it excellent for those environments where sand and other environmental factors contra-indicate running a "wet" weapon. As wear occurs, new PTFE particles are exposed and self lubrication continues. Even when the inevitable holster wear occurs, it results in only burnishing the finish without ever getting down to the surface metal. Results in a subtle matte metallic grey that is low profile, but still looks fantastic. Perfect for a weapon that is carried and used. Additionally, its an excellent choice for firearms deployed in wet environments where corrosion is a major concern.
NP3® – THE ADVANTAGES
- Increases reliability
- It requires little to no oil for lubrication, although we recommend using some oil during break in.
- Very accurate and even coatings on all activated surfaces.
- Cleaning is minimal
- Permits firing for longer periods of time between cleaning, as dirt and powder residue has no wet or oily surface to cling to.
- NP3 has a micro hardness of 48-51 Rockwell as plated (nickel matrix).
- NP3® is very corrosion resistant, a 1 mil (.001) coating exceeding a 250 hour salt spray test.
- NP3® has a high lubricity and low friction co-efficient; the life expectancy of a firearm is increased due to reduced friction wear.
- NP3® plated onto stainless steel guns will prevent galling, a problem common with stainless steel.
- NP3® is a satin gray, non-reflective color ideal for all firearms.
- NP3® can be plated to all internal parts giving a smoothness to the action not found with any other coating.
- In cases where the NP3® has been perforated, the corrosion shows no tendency to spread or migrate under the coating.
- NP3® is guaranteed against corrosion, peeling or flaking for the lifetime of the firearm.
SEE PULLDOWN FOR OPTIONS
This is a Custom Product. All Gunsmithing, Assembly and Finishes are performed AFTER your order is placed with us. Lead times depend on when your order gets into our production schedule, current volume of custom orders, what options or services you have chosen, and the current workload of our gunsmith. Custom orders are worked on in the order they were received.
Please feel free to email us for an estimated ETA on your particular option choices.
Returns or Cancellations are not allowed on Custom Products.
Please be sure BEFORE you order as THESE SALES ARE FINAL AT THE TIME OF PURCHASE.
For more information, please refer to our Terms and Conditions.